把人们汇聚在一起 - Getting People Together
任何项目要迈出的第一步都是组建一个团队。有时你要负责选择合适的人员,有时你是被选择的人。不论如何,都应该了解一下下列术语。
1. Form a team - 建立团队:
The first thing a project manager does is form a team of employees who are best suited for the project.
项目经理要做的第一件事就是建立一支由适合该项目的人员组成的团队
2. Team up with - 与其他团队合作:
Sometimes on a big project, you may need to team up with other companies.
有时在一些大型项目中,你可能需要跟其他公司的团队合作。
3. Pitch in - 贡献想法:
Everyone will have to pitch in their ideas.
每个人都得提出自己的主意
4. Start from scratch - 从零开始:
Since we will be starting from scratch on this project, we’re going to need a lot of support.
由于这个项目我们是从零做起,所以我们需要大量的支持。
5. Set deadlines - 设置截止日期:
We have set deadlines for each phase except the design phase.
除了设计周期,我们为每一阶段的目标都设置了完成的最后日期。
6. Get going - 执行
Let’s get going on this as soon as possible.
咱们尽快把这个落实。
7. Give the green light开绿灯:
We can’t start the project until management gives the green light.
管理人员开了绿灯以后咱们才能启动这个项目。
8. Kick off - 开始
We’re about to kick off the project soon.
我们很快就会开始这个项目。
9. Meet up - 见面:
Since we have a few problems to discuss, let’s meet up in my office.
既然我们有几个问题得讨论一下,就在我办公室见面说一下吧
10. Meet the deadline - 按期完成 :
We may have to put in some overtime to meet the deadline.
为了赶在截止日期前完成,咱们可能得加加班了。
11. Schedule a meeting - 安排会议:
Let’s schedule a meeting for this Tuesday to discuss any problems.
咱们这周二排个会讨论一下问题。
12. Behind schedule - 落后于计划时间:
I want to hear why we’re so behind schedule.
我想了解一下为什么咱们跟计划比落后了这么多。
13. Ahead of schedule - 早于计划时间:
Actually, we’re quite a bit ahead of schedule so there’s no rush.
其实咱们比原计划提前了很多,所以不着急。
14. According to schedule - 符合计划时间:
If the project goes according to schedule, we should have plenty of time.
如果项目按计划时间进行,我们应该还有很多时间。
15. On schedule - 按时:
Don’t worry about, we’re right on schedule.
别担心,我们还在计划时间内。
规划 - Planning
没有合适的行动计划项目也完成不了。“看情况再说吧”绝对完全没有效率还浪费时间!
16. Put a plan into action - 执行计划:
If we want to put this plan into action, we are going to need more time and more people.
如果想把这个计划执行下去,我们就需要更多时间和人力。
17. Plan ahead - 提前计划:
I’m just planning ahead. You know how easy it is to get setback with these things.
我只是提前计划一下。这些事情特别容易出岔子,你懂的。
18. Make a plan - 制定计划:
How should we advertise this new product? Let’s make a plan now.
我们怎么推广这个新产品?现在来定个计划。
19. Stick to the plan - 按照计 划执行:
Changing the design now will take too much time. Let’s just stick to the plan.
现在再改设计就等太久了。咱们就按原计划来吧。
20. Review the plan - 回顾计划:
Let’s review the plan before we make any big decisions.
咱们做大决定前都回顾一下计划。
21. Create a budget - 制订预算:
We need to create a budget that includes the travel expenses of the project team.
我们需要制定一个包括项目组的差旅费的预算。
22. Stay under budget - 控制在预算以下:
We need to stay under budget on this project so let’s not go out to lunch too often.
我们得把这个项目控制在预算以下,所以午饭就不要太常出去吃了。
23. Increase the budget 提高预算:
Management has agreed to increase the budget to cover the cost of testing the new car.
为了能够承担新车的测试,管理层已同意提高预算。
24. Wrap up the project - 圆满完成项目:
Okay, everyone, let’s just double check everything and we’ll be ready to wrap up!
咱们再把所有事情检查一遍,准备收工了!
25.Sign off the project - 签收项目:
All that remains now is to get the President to sign off on this and then we can all celebrate!
现在就剩下请董事长签收这个项目了,然后咱们好好庆祝下!